From Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi, Chronicle, 2011
- 2 small avocados; halved, pitted and flesh scooped out (1 cup/180 grams)
- ½ cup /100 grams Greek yogurt
- 1 and ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut or olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, along with a scant ½ teaspoon of salt and some freshly ground pepper. Blitz to form a smooth paste. If you can’t serve it immediately, store with plastic wrap resting on the surface of the sauce so it does not darken with exposure to air.
Serve as a dressing for raw carrots, cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli, snow peas, and cherry tomatoes.